One of the most widely used graphics card overclocking tools available for free, MSI Afterburner allows you to control your graphics card completely. With this software, you can easily monitor your GPU settings and make a few tweaks as well for better performance and capability.
Another great thing about MSI Afterburner is that it provides you with a concise hardware overview and offers other useful features like benchmarking, video recording, customizing fan profiles, and so on.
Plus, since this tool can be used with a wide range of GPU brands, you will find it a convenient and good option to tweak your GPU settings.
If you wish to learn more about the features of MSI Afterburner and steps on how to download and install this software on your PC, then check out the below sections.
Features of MSI Afterburner
Below are a few features of MSI Afterburner that make this one of the best graphics card overclocking tools available on the Internet.
One of the best things about MSI Afterburner is that it offers you easy-to-under overclocking tools and preset settings that will allow you to improve your PC performance while not compromising on the stability. With the precision setting, you can use GPU at its maximum capabilities while causing no harm to the GPU hardware.
You can control different GPU settings with this utility like GPU temperature limit, fan speed, power limit, core voltage, memory clock speed, etc. Also, the OS Scanner tool allows you to scan your GPU model and find optimized and stable overclocking settings that you can apply for a better game experience.
With MSI Afterburner, you can also monitor the hardware performance in real-time after the tweaks are made to overclocking tools. You can keep track of GPU temperature, core and memory clock speed, usage percentage, FPS, and so on.
You can monitor the hardware performance in-game also in the form of an On-Screen Display. And with the additional RivaTuner Statistics Server utility, you can monitor the effects for a particular frame of the game.
Another great feature of MSI Afterburner is that it includes a benchmarking tool known as MSI Kombustor. This tool is basically the GPU stress test that helps the user to balance between performance and stability.
This tool can be really useful when you make tweaks in the overclocking features as it will offer detailed information about the effects of these changes so that you can maintain a balance.
Other gaming Softwares:
Finally, as mentioned earlier as well, MSI Afterburner is compatible with a wide range of GPUs including chipset manufacturers like NVIDIA, AMD, etc. as well. As a result, this is a versatile GPU controlling tool.
Apart from offering cross-brand support, MSI Afterburner is also free to download which is another reason why it is considered as a leading graphics utility.
Installation Requirements for MSI Afterburner
Before you begin the download and installation process for MSI Afterburner software on your PC, please make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements that are needed to run this software.
Here is a list of system requirements that you would need to run MSI Afterburner:
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Vista, Windows XP (compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 2000, NVIDIA GeForce 6 or newer
Drivers: AMD Catalyst 9.3, NVIDIA Forceware 96.xx or newer
Make sure that you choose the right graphics card if you wish to run MSI Afterburner with all its functionalities. If you choose a lower version of the graphics card, it could end up limiting the functions of your MSI Afterburner software.
How to Download and Install MSI Afterburner
Installing and setting up MSI Afterburner on your PC is actually quite easy and won’t take a lot of your time. However, you need to first download the MSI Afterburner installation file to get started.
Please follow the below steps to download the MSI Afterburner installation file on your PC.
- Start by going to the official website of MSI Afterburner at https://fileproto.com/msi-afterburner-download/ to download the software.
- Then, scroll to the bottom of the website page and download it from the available options. You simply need to click on the ‘Download’ button to start the download process. You will find an option to download MSI Afterburner for a Remote server, Android, and a Windows system. Choose the download for your platform from these options.
- Once the download starts, wait for it to get completed.
Installing and Setting Up MSI Afterburner on PC
After the download is completed, follow the below steps to install MSI Afterburner on your PC and set it up.
- Navigate to the Downloads folder on your PC where the MSI Afterburner Setup .zip file has been saved.
- Extract the contents of this zip file into the MSI Afterburner Setup folder using WinRar.
- After the extraction is complete, double-click on the setup folder to open it and then look for the MSI Afterburner setup .exe file.
- Double-click on the setup executable file to begin the installation procedure. Follow the steps as displayed on your screen and wait for the installation to get completed.
Note: Make sure that you install Kombustor as well when you are asked in an installation prompt about it.
- After the installation is finished, launch MSI Afterburner software on your PC to set it up for your system settings.
- Now, click on the ‘Settings’ icon and then click on the ‘Users Interface’ tab to change the settings. Here, select ‘Default MSI Afterburner Skin’ which will make your interface clean and easy to use.
- Next, click on the ‘General’ settings tab and select the checkboxes for ‘Unlock Voltage Monitoring’ and ‘Unlock Voltage Control’ checkbox options.
Your MSI Afterburner is now ready to use to control and manage your GPU settings. You can learn more about the utility and tools offered in this software and use it to modify your GPU settings.