To play high-end games and run softwares in the computer, a reliable graphic card has become a necessity. Graphic cards are often extortionate, but there is still hope. You can easily run those programs without installing the graphic card.
MSI Afterburner can be the best substitute to run the high-end application on your PC. It’s an overclocking application which works by using the RAM and GPU’s untapped abilities to make your system run faster and respond better to 3D games, or any type of software or game, which demands the massive graphics.
So, there is no requirement to rely on the additional graphics card to accomplish your needs. Before getting a graphic card installed in your system, it is recommended to pin your hope on the overclocking tool by the MSI Afterburner.
There are many people who successfully managed to run the high-end software by acquiring help from MSI Afterburner. So, let’s take a deep dive into the simple steps of how you can install MSI Afterburner in your computer.
Install and Run MSI Afterburner in Your PC
Installing and using the software is a piece of cake; you don’t have to be a tech geek in order to exploit it. Follow the outright steps given below thoroughly, and you are all set.
1. Visit the official website of the MSI Afterburner to download.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the download button.
3. It will be downloaded in a zip file. Extract the downloaded file with the help of Winrar or any other software.
4. Once, you are done with the process of extraction, run it. Go through all of the required steps of installation.
5. Congratulations, MSI Afterburner is successfully installed on your PC. Now, you will see an icon of the software on your desktop or at your preferred location.
6. Now, MSI Afterburner will do its job whenever you open any game, which demands the higher graphic card. The MSI Afterburner will automatically boost the performance of your GPU and RAM to an extent where you will have a fine and smooth experience of playing the game.
You will also come across a manual option to ensure if anything related to your GBU does not get out of your control. There is a wide range of things that can be done manually.
It allows you to adjust the speed of a fan, along with the voltage to ensure your PC does not get too hot.
It is vital to manually adjust the setting sometimes. It is because relying on the MSI Afterburner every time is not recommended.
Though it has helped numerous people, still, you will have to be a little careful about the motherboard, hard drive, and other components of your PC. You must ensure that you don’t exaggerate or overstretch things.
Most of the time, it is used by the people to test the performance of their graphics card. All you need to do is start benchmarking and see how far it can go with your in-built specifications.
It is immensely recommended to check out the capacity of your graphic card by yourself rather than relying on the unnecessary information provided on the internet.
Note- MSI Afterburner generally comes with the MSI Kombustor, which is a benchmarking tool. You can use the alternative benchmarking tool if you don’t have MSI Kombustor.
How to Test Your Computer before Overclocking
1. In order to get an idea about your current card, you need to launch the MSI Afterburner and take a look at the given stock speed.
2. Now, run the benchmarking program. Use MSI Kombustor if you are using the MSI Afterburner.
3. During the process, you will come across some images, which will be displayed on your screen that will stretch the graphic to its full extent.
During the test, you will be able to find out the amount of temperature being used by the GPU when it reaches its maximum capacity.
Also, this tool is great to eliminate the risk factor of getting your computer overheated. It enhances the speed of your fan to ensure everything works fine.
4. If your computer successfully passes the test and all of the images successfully goes through the benchmarking, then you will be able to get a smooth experience of running the high-end games with your card. Now run the program again by increasing the core clock by a small margin.
5. You can keep increasing your core clock by a small amount of margin as long as all of the images successfully go through the benchmarking process. You need to stop increasing the core clock, if your screens appear to become darker. Also, keep checking the speed of your fan to make sure your system remains cool.
6. Now head over to the settings and unlock the voltage in default settings. MSI Afterburner usually locks the voltage in default settings; therefore, you need to manually unlock by going to the settings. But, careful high voltage can lead to several issues, and can possibly damage your computer.
7. Increasing the voltage of a graphic card leads to high temperatures, so take it slowly and steadily. For instance, if the temperature gets too high, change the settings back to the last voltage level.
That’s it; these were the outright steps that need to be implemented to successfully run your desired softwares and play the high-end games.